Butterfly

Butterfly

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Programming With Sphero

Sphero is a spherical robot toy controlled by a smartphone or tablet. Using an iPad running the Macrolab app, I was able to control my own Sphero and direct it around the room we were in. Sphero reacts to the movements you make on your tablet, and I was able to move it forwards, backwards, in circles, and at different speeds. A cool function of the Sphero is that it changes color to make it easier to determine which tablet it is connected to. 

Being able to remote control a robot using an app is a very fun and interesting idea, and it may be an experience that I can reward my students with later on in the semester. 

Thank you Stacey for giving me this wonderful opportunity and I hope to be back down in the lab with my students soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment